APTech members! Have you heard about the STEP (State Trade and Export Promotion) program managed by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)? The objective of STEP is to increase the number of U.S. small businesses that export, to increase the dollar value of exports, and new export opportunities
STEP awards are managed and provided at the local level by state government organizations and the amount of money each state received varies.
Your company can apply to the program for export activities such as:
- Participation in foreign trade missions
- Subscription to services provided by the Department of Commerce
- Payment of website fees (specifically, translation to foreign languages, localization for foreign markets, and search engine optimization)
- Design of marketing media
- Trade show exhibitions
- Participation in export training workshops
- Reverse trade mission which brings foreign buyers to the United States to meet with potential suppliers of U.S.-manufactured goods and services
- Procurement of consultancy services (after consultation with the Department of Commerce to avoid duplication of services)
- Other export initiatives determined appropriate by SBA’s Associate Administrator (or the Deputy Associate Administrator) of the Office of International Trade and do not duplicate the services available from SBA, SBA resource partners, or other applicable Federal trade agencies.