Association for Print Technologies - Tariff Advocacy
- September 06 2018: APTech joins over 150 other organizations in opposing the imposition of an additional $200 billion in Section 301 tariffs on imports from China, including printing technologies, at either 10% or 25%.
- August 07 2018: Read APTech's statement to the House Ways & Means Trade Subcommittee Hearing on the 232 tariff product exclusion process.
- July 26 2018: Read APTech's letter to the U.S. Commerce Department raising concerns on the 232 tariff exclusion process.
- July 23 2018: APTech joins broad coalition opposing Section 301 tariff action on imported Chinese goods.
- June 6 2018: Association for Print Technologies - Letter to the President
- Latest News
- September 30 2018: The US announced the US-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), but 232 steel and aluminum tariffs on CA and MX remain in effect.
- August 29 2018: The U.S. ITC announces decision that uncoated groundwood paper from Canada does not injure U.S. industry, associated duties will not be issued.
- August 27 2018: The U.S. and Mexico announced preliminary agreement on a revised trade deal, but a steel/aluminum tariff exemption remains unresolved.
- August 10 2018: President Trump proposes an increase in Section 232 tariffs on Aluminum (to 20%) and Steel (to 50%) from Turkey.
- August 7 2018: USTR finalizes second tranche of tariffs, covering $16 Billion of Chinese goods, with additional duty collections beginning on 8/23/18.
- August 2 2018: Senators introduce bipartisan legislation requiring Dept. of Defense justification and increased congressional oversight of new 232 tariffs.
- August 2 2018: U.S. Trade Representative considering administration request to increase proposed "List 3" 301 tariffs on China from 10% to 25%.
- August 2 2018: Statement by Canada on U.S. Dept. of Commerce duties determination.
- August 2 2018: U.S. Dept. of Commerce finds dumping and subsidization of imports of uncoated groundwood paper from Canada.
- July 29 2018: "Kudlow Defends Tariffs on China, Wants to Avoid EU Duties". [Politico]
- July 29 2018: "Trump's Top Economic Advisor Doubles Down on Tariffs". [CNN]
- Latest Opinions/Editorials/Columns
- August 24 2018: "How a Trump Tariff is Strangling American Newspapers" [Washington Post]
- July 29 2018: "President Trump Should Stop His Trade War Before it Hurts Our Economy" [USA Today]
- July 29 2018: "Nations Don't Trade With Each Other, and Trade is Not a War" [Boston Globe]
- Important Links
- July 24 2018: House Ways and Means Hearing on Exclusion Process for Section 232 Tariffs
Explore the links below for additional detail on specific tariff-related issues currently affecting the industry.